Thursday, October 16, 2008

Creating art

Yesterday my brother in law had his donor stem cell transplant. I couldn't seem to get him, his children or my husband and his parents off my mind. I knew if I had started to paint, I would end up with a black canvas, which wouldn't do anyone any good, then I came across this wonderful book I'm reading called Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts http://www.kellyraeroberts.blogspot.com/
and decided to alter a book with a photo of all of us.
I found it to sooth this aching feeling I had.Lisa D.

3 comments:

Susan Tuttle said...

What a beautiful post -- you should pass this on to Kelly Rae -- I know she would appreciate it very much.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lisa. Your post is inspiring. Thank God for ART and it's ability to carry some of through just about anything! Hang in there.
Jane

Jennifer Williams said...

Isn't it a wonderful book? I have read through alittle bit of it. I am hoping to be able to read more after the new year.

Sometimes artwork is the only way to pull through things. The black paintings truely suck but they create great bases for vibrant color in the future. Hang in there.