Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas crafting

So far this has turned out to be a Tree crafting Chistmas
 I had been sick with some sort of consumption 
and spent two days cutting out circles to make this tree
then I saw the idea to sew a tree
 When we first moved to our home (13yrs ago) we had just lost Jake
This new home was on an acre of land
I made a memorial garden/flower bed for Jake
When we lost my brother in law last summer
I felt Jakes garden needed to be able to hold many memorials
the photo below shows the star fish Char & I picked out for Dan
Hasn't made it to the garden yet
I kind of like seeing it daily
Remember these from 2 wks ago?

 They have evolved
 These are Debbies
shes so good!
 Here are many of them
 Hard to photograph because of their size
 We sure had fun making them

I rarely work with clay
my hands aren't good at molding it
but I surely enjoyed all the company
I'm ready to mail off my swirl commission tomorrow
I'll miss it
The longer it takes to work on something
The more attached I am to it

Wednesday, Stephy, Zacks girlfriend will be over to make some trees with me
and then I'm done with crafting!
for this this year

I will start my next commission next week!

Have a great day!

Lisa D.

4 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

You Christmas decorations are great! Thanks so much for your card from the 2012 Inspirational Card Deck Swap, so nice. xox

Lisa D. said...

Thank you Corrine! I just got my deck!

missy k said...

What a fun post! Those colourful trees are great.

Just wanted to let you know how much I love your card from the 2012 Inspirational Card Deck Swap.

It's beautiful!

Thanks

Karen

Ophelia said...

This post just makes me happy! I love your decorations!!