Friday, February 3, 2012

Color~Canvases & Cats

The first 3 photos are the first 3 stages of my abstract painting. 
There was already a layer of tissue paper and probably 2 different paintings underneath that. 
This canvas is a 20x20
There was a time that this was big to me :  ) Now it seems a bit small
 I'm trying so hard to break away from my usual colors as I did in the photo above... 
...but then here they came without even thinking about it.
 This is the 2nd layer of color...I'm thinking I'll do it at least one more time before I call it done.
 Here you can see the 20x20 in front of the 3x4foot canvas. 
This large canvas I decided to do a video of while I turn that what space into art.
 
 As always, there is Chunky Monkey
I have filmed the 1st step on the large canvas
I hope to learn this weekend how to combine videos
and hopefully by this time next week, I'll have a start to finish canvas along with the video.
Have a great weekend.

Lisa D.

2 comments:

Anke Martin said...

AHHHHHH colors!!!!!! I LOVE colors....and yes you can't really decide which colors you want to use...especially creating from inside-out...smiles, Anke :)

Flor Larios Art said...

Wow! Such beautiful color combinations! So inspiring...