Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Friday to ya! or as Hannah likes...TGIF!

  I average six hours of sleep a night.
 Here are two shots of my travel journal. I haven't had much "free" play time in the studio to add more images, but as you can see in the photo above I have been collecting things to adhere to it this weekend.

 
 Here are a few blocks I worked on this morning.
 I was asked to hang my art again at The Glenwood this summer :  ) Wahoo!  So excited for that! What an experience, having my stuff out there for all to see. LOVED IT! 
The photo below are a few paintings I've started on to get me going for this summer!  All I can think about is big canvases on those lovely large walls.
My mother in law (granny) who is also an artist and continues to live uprooted in Atlanta has been having a hard time getting motivated to work in her journal. Because I'm so far away from her I was trying to figure out a way to help her from here.



While my mind was trying to move things around to make room for new thoughts and ideas, I decided I would start a "round robin" type thing with her, myself and 3 of her arty lady friends.
I mailed out everyones 8X10 canvas boards this week and am looking forward to getting started on that : )

Hugs

Lisa D.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

These are all wonderful. I love the flower!

Janine said...

This is a great idea! I did it once with a friend I was trying to introduce to art journaling!

I love your work and your blog!

Unknown said...

Kelly & Janine, thanks for stopping by with such inspiring words : ) Really makes my day!

Priti Lisa said...

Hi Lisa, I've missed so many wonderful posts...I had to get caught up...Mr Cooper made me laugh...sitting on a pile...cats are so funny :) The round robin is a great idea...something I've always wanted to do.
You are already fabulous and you are on your way to becoming
The Ultra-Artistica...YaY <3
xox

JANN said...

Round robins are such fun. Love visiting your blog Lisa and viewing your amazing artwork. Thanks for visiting my FOREVER JANN blog,
Hope the weather there is as lovely as it is here. Happy Saturday & Sunday to you.

thekathrynwheel said...

I'm loving the look of your travel journal. And congrats for being asked to hang your art in a gallery - what an honour :-)

Mary said...

Lisa where does she live?? Maybe I could get together with her???
maryefreeman@hotmail.com

Paula Phillips said...

Wonderful travel journal!!
Much Love

Parabolic Muse said...

I've been catching up here and all I can say is, your colors just rock!