Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Bio at The Glenwood

Lisa Dalke Artist, Mother and Lover


My art is a reflection of who I am, at that very moment; what inexplicable force moves my hand in certain ways and which muse inspires me to create a piece of art from a vision or feeling I cannot let go. Always the rebel and never accepting the “norm”, I create what I feel with no mind towards what is acceptable in art or in life.

With no formal art education, I began this outsider’s journey into art after needing a creative outlet for feelings and emotions that stirred inside me. I read and studied artists from Alice Neel to Klimt, Pablo Picasso and Modigliani; sharing their passion and vision, they moved me to release what I saw and what I felt.

I sometimes doubt my artistic abilities, but never question how creating art makes me feel; alive! I enjoy working in different mediums; from acrylic paints to three-dimensional objects, from ink to cardboard, from glue to paper. Everything I see becomes a medium I must use.

I truly enjoy sharing my art with family and with friends, but especially those who I know need that release. My home has become the House of Freedom, as my impish nephew has termed it, where anything is possible and fun is around every corner. No rules, just what feels right. With a glass of red wine in hand, I love helping those that come to my art space looking to participate. It brings me joy to see the enthusiasm and passion I helped create.

Finally, I could have never been able to express myself without the life experiences that preceded my journey. Motherhood opens many emotional doors, some scary, most joyful. Having a lover who supports me in whatever I decide to do has been paramount; I feel free to express my needs and desires artistically and physically; never to be judged, merely accepted.

8 comments:

Outstanding Stranger said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Lisa. Love your work, art really is sorta a selfish pleasure. Hugs, Diane

Dawn @ alteredartists said...

What a lovely post! So wish I could have been there. I wish you nothing but love and continued success...

lee said...

hey welcome back, I have missed you and your art, and what a from the heart blog post, I only wish I lived close by

Elena said...

Simply beautiful. And I love that photo of you!

Diane said...

Great bio Lisa--it makes me want to meet you in person!

Unknown said...

Diane, Dawn, Lee, Elena & Diane, You all so often make my day : ) Thanks for always having good things to say to me.

Unknown said...

What an awesome post! I think it is so timely and I appreciate the reminder.

Parabolic Muse said...

Wow, this is great, Lisa.