Thursday, May 14, 2009

Here are some of the things I've been doing
This is the front cover of my newest art journal
My Hannah Grace's birthday page
I have a thing for elephants


Trying to express myself in a healthy way

while mourning

What ended up taking my son Jakes life was a grade 4 brain bleed

I painted this on his birthday

and this on his death day

This is the back of my journal
: )


I fell in love with this movie


My son Zackery came home last night after a year away at school





The house has kept busy and the gardens are blooming.
Time does pass and life does go on.
I am eternally grateful for my family & friends
and especially my man Mike.
Lisa





5 comments:

Sandy said...

I just love your art! I was just reading the g-mail that I don't use and found a comment from you. I would love to trade atcs. I see you are going through a mothers nightmare, the loss of a son. My heart goes out to you, brave lady. I have my e-mail account on my blog and would love to hear from you. I am also working on an art journal, but love yours! You are a very talented artist. Sending love-Sandy.

angela recada said...

Your art journal is so touching. Thank you for sharing these deeply personal pages with us. I hope you have a wonderful time with your Zachary.

When you have a moment, be sure to stop by my blog to pick up the One Lovely Blog Award I've given you!

Anonymous said...

The photo of Zack brought his Papa and me a good early morning laugh! We do love him dearly, but are very glad that's your front door he's walking through. Been there, done that...ready to have our quiet space.

Tonight is Hannah's 8th grade dance, maybe we'll have a pic of her too in her new finery.

Granny

Anke Martin said...

HI Lisa, thanks for sharing your art journal pages....art can be so wonderful to deal with hard times. I can't even imagine how it must feel to loose a child, it must be horrible. So some hugs your way.

So for now, I guess I wish you a great time welcoming back your son, smiles, Anke ;)

Crafty Green Poet said...

these are beautiful pieces