Monday, August 30, 2010

What makes success?

 Success
Over the last few weeks so many people have asked me about my two art shows and if they were a success of not. I have to say  I have never given this word so much thought as I have in these last weeks.
Below is a just started journal page with two stickers, one giving the definition of success
1.a favorable result
Yes, I do feel the results were favorable...lots of friends came to see my art hanging and I've been able to get public feedback about my art.
2.Gaining of wealth, fame and recognition
Wealth...I already had the wealth :  )
Fame? In certain circles
Recognition?
3.attaining one's aspirations
Sure

I just can see all my paintings hanging on those lovely walls at The Glenwood
and I know I have achieved what the second sticker reads...Victory

I have to say it wasn't easy stepping out of my comfort zone and letting my paintings be in public, but gosh how rewarding in the end.
I hope to spend this week getting reacquainted with my studio
Cleaning, dusting maybe even reorganize some
I plan on coming around to all my blog buddies and see how you all have been doing.

Have a great day
Lisa

4 comments:

Priti Lisa said...

Well said.
It is pleasure to watch you grow...
as an artist and as a shiny spirit.
Hugs :)

Janet said...

Thanks for stopping by one of my blogs. I enjoyed reading this post and seeing the collage you made to express your feelings. I find it very difficult to step outside my comfort zone. Congrats to you for doing that and for getting your art shown in public.

EVA said...

Stepping out of your comfort zone and taking action IS success! Most people never go that far!

Congratulations!!

Parabolic Muse said...

Lisa, this is a real milestone and I'm proud of you! I remember when I first started reading your blog and you've really been moving forward so fast! It really DOES take courage to put your work out there! I have never done so and I look forward to that milestone.
rock on!