Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sometimes life can be a Grey Gareden of sorts

A commissioned piece for my good friend Suzanne Oreo looking cute as always...in my tissue paper basket
Not wanting me to leave with the painting


My witchy witch


I know it has been so long since I've written here. Life can keep ya busy, that's for sure! Some of you know that the company my husband was working for closed up back in August, right when I was getting ready to leave for my first art retreat. I went to AZ and had a wonderful time with Dawn and all the art I was exposed to. When I got home is when I started thinking about Mike not having a job. Hannah seemed to take it the hardest, I just kept telling her that Dad will find a new job and all still goes on, as it did. Yesterday was Mikes first day with the new company. Hooray!
So for the last month or so I've been here in my studio, working on my "Gut Art" as well as my journaling and teaching others to create as often as their schedule will permit. I create every day, even if I don't post here, know that I am arting and that is whats most important.
Hannah is doing well in high school, has definitely taken her a bit, but doing well. My Zack boy seems happy away at college. He has been a kid who has fought ADD and this year he is going without any ADD meds! His choice and is doing well. Bravo!
I will try to post some photos of what I've been creating and give you peeks of what I'll be making for my once a year sale that takes place December 6.
Thanks to all of you that have written to me or left a comment.
Always makes me smile
: )
Have a great day
I'll try to not be such a stranger
Lisa D.

4 comments:

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Bonjour Lisa! So happy to see you back blogging! I just joined your list of followers! Looooove your red flower painting, love your style, your creations! Your Oreo is adorable and your daughter was a wonderful witch, very realistic! Thanks for visiting and leaving great comments! All of them are appreciated! Take care, LuLu

Priti Lisa said...

That commission piece is beyond beautiful! I love all of your work though...
I am so happy everything is on the up-swing for you...it's always such a relief when you get out of the weeds, isn't it? :)
Looking forward to seeing more art from you, Love, Lisa D2

Anke Martin said...

Hi Lisa! Oh yes I know how busy life can be. Glad to hear you husband found a job! That is always hard on everybody. So fingers crossed all works out! And you enjoy creating....I need to create again too......soooooon!
Lot's of smiles, your way!!!!!
Anke ;)

Jazze Junque Inc. said...

That little witch looks soooo sweet!